Part-time Sales Position
Odd Alewives Farm Brewery is seeking a craft beer and farm loving individual for a part-time sales and delivery position.
Come learn the ins-and-outs of a small farm brewery by working directly with the owners to manage existing accounts and to strategically grow our wholesale clients. This position requires a true Mainer entrepreneurial and innovative mindset, being self-motivated and a natural people person is a must.
Job Title: Part-time Sales and Delivery Position
Job Classification: Part-time, year round (20-30 hours weekly)
Compensation: Hourly wage based on experience, plus sales bonus.
Start Date: As early as late May 2019
· It is a really exciting time to be working in the Maine Beer scene. This position requires a passion for and knowledge of craft beer, with an eagerness to share our beer and story.
· We are among one of the few farm breweries in the State. Learning about our farm-to-keg operation is important to the products that we make and the places we sell our beer.
· Calling on a high volume of accounts on a weekly basis in the Midcoast region. This is where your people skills really matter. You know you are right for the job if you truly enjoy talking with people.
· We are expanding and we need your help in increasing our volume of sales in desired markets. This is not just about quantity. We only wholesale beer to places who maintain a high level of quality and creativity in their establishments as this nicely aligns with our own mission.
· Retain existing accounts by maintaining quality of service and fostering strong relationships with our customers. We are all about community building and we want you continue to keep those ties strong. We would be nothing without our regular customers.
· While out on the road you should also be helping to promote our events and increase our customer traffic to the tasting room. This means you get free tickets to events and this is guaranteed to be a lot of fun.
· Ability to safely lift kegs that weigh 60lbs - 165lbs.
· Valid drivers license with a registered, insured, and dependable vehicle.
· You must be of legal drinking age.
· General computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office.
· You must have a smart phone.
· Ability to commit to 20-30 hours a week.
· Ability to take pride and maintain integrity in the job
· Authentically enthusiastic person
· Intuitive people skills. Know when to back off or follow-up.
· Professional presentation and attitude
· Reliable and Self-directed personality
· A love of Maine and the outdoors
· Competitive and confident, yet personable and polite
· Ability to network and initiate new relationships